Health Sciences Advocates
The mission of the University of Utah Health Sciences Advocates is to provide a body of community leaders who will help create an active, learning environment allowing members or representatives of the constituencies of the University of Utah Health Sciences to interact with and learn about the world class resources, whether people, facilities, or programs, to which the community has access. The hope and goal is that having learned of these resources, the Health Sciences Advocates will support and be the advocates of the University of Utah Health Sciences.
For additional information see attached by-laws: By-Laws
The Health Sciences Advocates meet a minimum of three times a year to learn about the cutting-edge research and medical breakthroughs at the University of Utah. Guest speakers at Advocates meetings rotate among the School of Medicine, College of Pharmacy, College of Nursing, and College of Health.
- May 9, 2013, Jeffrey S. Anderson, M.D., Ph.D., "A Symphony of Noise: How the Human Brain Connectome will Transform Treatment for Autism, Down Syndrome, and Parkinson Disease"
- September 11, 2012 USTAR Tour
- January 26, 2012 6-9 p.m. Health Sciences Advocates- Dr. David Grainger, College of Pharmacy. "Nanotechnology in Medicine"
One way to advocate for the University Health Sciences Center is to contact your local and state representatives to request their support on important bills or initiatives.
- April 2013 University of Utah's Report on the 2013 Legislative session here.
- To locate your legislator please click on the following link: Legislature
Byron and Debbie Barkley - Chairs
|Jesse and Olivia Agraz||Barbara Polich and Val Antczak|
|Angela Atkin||Bill and Vicki Bennion|
|Keith and Kristina Christensen||Stan and Joyce Parrish|
|Jay and Anita Rice||Fred and Chris Fairclough*|
|John and Carol Firmage*||Mark and Nancy Gleue*|
|Tom and Mary McCarthey*||Mark and Kathie Miller*|
Click here to view Advocates Members. (Membership by invitation only)
Do you have a question about the Health Sciences or any of our services? Would you like to make a suggestion for a future presentation?
|Rebecca Debo||Director of Constituent Relationsemail@example.com||801-585-2739|