The School of Medicine Executive Committee (SOM EC) oversees all MBM efforts and is advisory to the Dean of the School of Medicine.
SOM EC's mandate is to:
- Streamline financial decision making and broaden input into decisions
- Review and implement MBM tools
- Recommend binding financial policies for the management of the School of Medicine
- Create peer-accountability mechanisms
- Ensure timely, accurate information
SOM EC is comprised of 13 voting members; eight School of Medicine department chairs who are either elected by School of Medicine department chairs or appointed by the Dean, two additional faculty, and three Vice Deans. Individuals serve three-year terms.
SOM EC’s role is to:
- Forum for discussion, input, and to build buy-in
- Budget review
- Monitor financials to recognize progress and prevent crises
- Mission oversight
- Manage the State Fund Allocation model
- Oversee the MBM Faculty Information System
- Engender unity and collaboration