What is the Program in Personalized Health?
University of Utah Health’s Program in Personalized Health leads research, clinical, and educational initiatives that support the tailoring of medical treatment to each patient’s individual characteristics and preferences.
Our goals include:
- Promote the highest quality individualized health care at the lowest appropriate cost.
- Serve as University of Utah Health’s coordinating and information center for personalized health care-related initiatives as well as a point of contact for external parties.
- Facilitate the development of clinical and research tools and practices that benefit patients and study participants locally and nationally.
- Educate clinicians and researchers in personalized health topics and best practices.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with Intermountain Healthcare and other organizations committed to personalized health in Utah and nationwide.
Part of the Program in Personalized Health's mission is to educate clinicians, researchers, and students in personalized health.
To facilitate this effort, we sponsor several important educational initiatives including graduate-level survey courses of personalized health care topics and a graduate certificate in personalized health.
Improve population health through personalized health care: The right care, to the right person, at the right time, for the right cost.