UUMG About Us
The University of Utah Medical Group is one of the largest academic practices in the country, representing more than 1,400 physicians, as well as social workers, advanced practice clinicians, physical therapists, and others who make up the clinical practices of the academic faculty. The Medical Group is largely responsible for training the clinical workforce of the Mountain West and beyond.
Over the last two decades, the Medical Group has evolved into a strategic partner within University of Utah Health Care, providing tertiary care throughout the region, population health for the Wasatch Front, and high-value health care for underserved populations. Members and their care teams are transforming health care by implementing value-driven strategies, innovating new standards of practice, and integrating patient-centered care.
The Medical Group partners closely with the University Hospital to develop strategy and to manage clinical and business operations, contracting and payer relations, and advanced data analytics. Among its members are some of the world’s leading researchers, clinicians, and educators.
Our mission is to:
- Advocate on behalf of all UUMG members
- Facilitate and promote the coordination of clinical practices of UUMG members
- Ensure accessible, quality, patient-oriented healthcare that is market-responsive
- Collaborate with other components of the health system to further the missions of University of Utah Health Care
As active members of the University of Utah Health Sciences:
- We provide compassionate care without compromise
- We educate scientists and health care professionals for the future
- We engage in research to advance knowledge and well-being
Main Phone: 801-581-4896
Main Fax 801-587-6459
Address: 127 S. 500 E. Suite #660 SLC, UT 84102